In our world, even just being at home is not that safe anymore. Securing your house is always top priority to keep not just your belongings safe, but to make sure your family is safe, especially at night when everyone is asleep. Burglar alarms can be effective, but the most basic of all home security is to make sure you have your own locks set properly.
High security locks are available for your use during these times. When a lock is considered as high security, this means it is a kind of lock that has been approved by manufacturers, locksmith, and those involved in security to withstand attempts to break them. Locks like these would have a special design with them that will allow them to resist any kind of manipulation or in any way being tampered by anyone who wants to force their way through the locks.
There are a few characteristics that need to be seen before a lock can be considered as a high security one:
- Restrictive Keyway – This means the place where you put the keys through must be hard to get through unless you are to use the actual key. Any other objects can either not pass through all the way or not pass through at all.
- Key Control – Being able to monitor how the keys for the locks can be created and duplicated can be another means of increasing your security level. Certain keys may need a special kind of method before it can be duplicated, decreasing the chance of having unnecessary spare keys.
- Key Differs – Key differs refers to the number of keys that may be able to go through a certain lock. The lower the key differ, the higher chance that you will not be able to get a key that can fit the lock.
- Manipulation Resistance – What this refers to is when the locks cannot be easily broken by any means of manipulation that is applied to it, including the use of any kind of lockpicking method.
- Forced Entry Resistance – This can refer to the material used to make the locks. These materials must be strong enough to resist anything that will be used to break into them.
- High Manufacturing Tolerance – This ensures that the materials used to make the lock function will be able to withstand any form of use with it and will not break after being used over and over again for a long period of time.
Being able to use high security locks can ensure that you will not have any worries of any unwanted entrants into your home. Adding to these high security locks, there are also unpickable residential locks that can be installed inside homes to ensure a higher sense of security.
If a locksmith will be asked about an “unpickable lock,” he may reply that there is no such thing. The next best thing that you can get is a lock that will have the highest resistance to tampering. Lots of locks are available that can do that and even if they are not completely unpickable, it will still give a high sense of security for you and your family.